Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What would you do? ❯ What village? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

What would you do?
Chapter 3
By: Ldychaos
Co-authored by: Azriel Anarick
&
Seth Haruta
 
Disclaimer: Due to unfortunate monetary circumstances, we do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho
 
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
Benjamin Franklin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Yuuske and Kuwabara looked around to orientate themselves with the area. They appeared to be in the forest at the base of the mountain. They looked up and could see the top of the mountain above the tree line.
 
“Which way Yuuske?” asked Kuwabara, in a baffled tone.
 
“Let's scout around and a see if we can learn anything about the area. Keep an eye out for people that could give us information on that cave,” answered Yuuske.
 
“Stick together?”
 
“Yeah, stick together, eyes open and listen for anything out of the ordinary.”
 
Yuuske started to walk through the forest. Kuwabara started to follow Yuuske when he sensed eyes watching him.
 
“Yuuske do you feel that?”
 
“Yuuske looked back at Kuwabara, “Sense what?”
 
The feeling went away and everything felt normal again. Kuwabara looked around and tried sensing where the feeling came from, but he was unable to sense anything else. “Never mind, false alarm.”
 
“You ok Kuwabara? I know it's been a while since you went on a mission.” Yuuske was worried Kuwabara would be unable to handle the mission at hand. “You can turn back if you want, it's just a reconnaissance mission, nothing big. I bet Koenma just needs to stop playing Tetris on his computer.”
 
“How can you think I would leave you here alone, Urameshi? Friends and partners stick together.” Kuwabara advanced to Yuuske's position.
 
“Alright then, let's go. No more wasting time. Keiko is waiting for me.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
“Did they see me big sister?” said a teenaged male voice.
 
“No, they thought it was a false alarm.” The older female voice stated.
 
“They are heading towards the village. What should we do?”
 
“Follow them. I'll get ahead of them and see if I can learn their intentions.”
 
“Do you think they need help, or are they here to seek destruction, like the unethical Youkai that find us?'
 
“They don't look like those youkai. They have no weapons, but that doesn't mean they are harmless. Nor do they appear to need help. Let's go with the plan and see what happens. If anything, we'll call for backup.”
 
The siblings nodded to each other and separated. The young boy went to track the unknown threat, and the older sister took to the trees, using the rope bridges created by her village to get ahead of the men.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Yuuske and Kuwabara scanned the trees up ahead for any potential danger. At their right side, a rustle was heard from the trees. Yuuske and Kuwabara stopped in their tracks. Yuuske dropped back into a defensive stance, while Kuwabara began to scan the area around them for the source of the noise.
 
“I don't sense anything with a hi ki or youkai around-”
 
The shrubbery began to shack in front of them; a girl stepped out of the bushes. She appeared to be about 20 years old and wore a traditional kimono. She had a human aura.
 
Kuwabara whispered to Yuuske, “She's human.”
 
Yuuske nodded in response, but didn't let his guard down. He stepped forward towards the girl, “Are you ok do you need some help?”
 
The girl bowed to them, “My name is Tsuta. I was collecting herbs for my village and got lost in the woods.”
 
“A village? I didn't think those existed anymore in this area,” asked a puzzled Kuwabara. Yuuske slightly narrowed his eyes.
 
“Yes I know,” she giggled slightly. “It's a very old village dating back almost 500 years. We keep to ourselves. As you can see we are a very traditional village.” She opened her arms and indicated her garb. “We are one of the last villages that keep the old traditions alive.”
 
“Wow, that's interesting. We were traveling with some friends and got separated. We've been looking for them, but sorry to say, we're city boys and all this area is unfamiliar to us.” Yuuske shrugged his shoulders. Kuwabara caught some movement to his right. He turned, and saw what appeared to be a wolf. `What is a wolf doing out here all alone?' Kuwabara nudged Yuuske and pointed to the wolf.
 
Tsuta noticed where they were pointing and became frightened. She gasped and stepped closer to the two men. “I've never been this close to a wolf without one of the male villagers with me,” she whispered.
 
“Don't worry we'll protect you,” Kuwabara stepped closer to the girl.
 
The wolf slunk back into the shadows of the forest, Yuuske relaxed slightly since the immediate danger passed, and the girl appeared to be what she said. “Is your village far from here?”
 
“No, not at all. It's about an hour walk from here, why do you ask?”
 
“We'll walk you there. It's too dangerous for you to walk by yourself, an animal could attack you,” stated Yuuske. `Maybe we can learn about that cave from this girl and the villagers.'
 
She bowed to them, “Thank you, I appreciate your concern. Maybe my village and I can repay you by helping you look for your friends.”
 
“They'll show up when you least expect it. They like messing with us,” Kuwabara responded, and scratched his head.
 
She cocked her head and blinked at them, “Ok, well then you can wait for them at the village or we can take you back into the city.”
 
“Let's go. We don't want to be caught out here in the dark.” The afternoon sun was creeping down towards sundown.
 
The girl turned towards the mountain, “This way then.” She began to lead them through the forest. Yuuske and Kuwabara strode towards the girl. The party of three walked off into the woods. She bent her head and slightly looked behind them. She caught the glint off the young male warrior's weapon. She turned and looked forward before the guys were able to catch her movement.
 
The young male took to the rope bridges, out of sight of the party but able to track them without giving his position away.
 
Author's Notes:
 
Don't kill me please. (Ducks behind desk) I promised to get the chapter in by the weekend and here it is. (pokes head out from under desk to look around for angry mob) I couldn't help myself, I just couldn't resist ending on a cliffhanger. (evil smirk crosses face and ducks back under desk to work on next chapter)
 
Thanks to KawaiiKoneko89, Heart Star, Anonymous0, qarry, and Ethril Dragon. Thank you for reviewing, my and my co-authors love to read your comments, it warms our hearts.
(Azriel chokes on sugar sweetness of Ldy Chaos's suck ups. Seth runs up behind Ldy Chaos, glomps her and licks side of face. “She doesn't taste like sugar.” Azriel smacks face. “Not like that idiot.” Chaos swipes side of face. “Yuck, get off.”)
 
Till next time. Azie is almost done with the next chapter; I'm just waiting for him to give it to me.
 
Ldy Chaos