Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ OH BABY! ❯ Home For Now ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho at all. I just burrowed them for my stories for which I’m not making any money off of. I do however, claim the minor children that I have created and the story line involved.

To all of those that have reviewed, you guys are great! Absolutely the best!! I couldn’t ask for better readers and reviewers. You all give me the inspiration to keep my stories going and for me to keep writing. I am totally thankful to you all. Here are all my reviewers: okamiyuki, Carrot The LuvMachine, Shemaya, Animefreak20006, Skittles, Jao Ensatsu Kokuryuha, SuzukaTamashii, sum1, Lupercalia1, Marikalay, ShioriFoxiesMom, kerryann, Lady Aqualyne, tori, Whip, zekesbabe, Helcat805, fire_lily_fox, and Naako.

WARNING!!!: A Couple of Paragraphs on Adult Nursing Relationship, Adult Shonen Ai, and very young Shonen Ai.

A/N: Okay guys, I did it again. *_* When I was typing up this chapter, I added things and it just kept getting longer and longer. I decided to break it into two chapters, so now you have another extra chapter. Instead of 26 chapters total, you now have 27. Don’t worry though, there is really nothing that racy in this chapter, other then the usual, just things that I thought needed clarifying. As a present for all the wonderful reviews, I decided that I would upload both chapters together. That’s right you all get two chapters to read this time. I hope that you all enjoy them. Please leave a review for this chapter as well as the second one. Thanks so very much for reading!! ^_^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OH BABY!

Chapter 14 of 27

Home For Now

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shiori awoke, feeling safe and secure. It was something she hadn’t felt in a long time. As she became aware of her surroundings, she felt a strong arm wrapped around her waist and a rounded swell pressed into her back. She was then flooded with the smell of roses. The woman didn’t have to look behind her to know it was her son holding her. She looked over to her sleeping bag and found the fire demon curled up into a ball, completely alone. Now Shiori was overcome with the feelings of guilt. She had come between her son and his mate. She tried to move away, but the arm tightened around her waist.

“How are you doing this morning, mother?” Kurama’s very alert voice was heard, proving that he had been awake for a little bit.

Shiori didn’t even try to turn over. “I feel better about the situation we discussed last night, but now I’m feeling somewhat guilty. Hiei had to sleep alone because of me.”

“He understands.”

“It’s still not right. I come between you two, something I swore to myself that I’d never do. I didn’t want you to have to choose between me and Hiei.”

“It’s okay, I didn’t choose, mother. As I said, my fire demon understands.” Kurama released the woman and then slowly sat up. “He knew you needed me last night.”

Shiori sat up too and turned to her son. “Thank you, I did need you.……. I’ll start breakfast and put on some mint tea for you.” She got up, moved over to the fire. She quickly stirred it and added a pile of sticks to build it up. She then started to pull items out of nearby duffle bags.

When Kurama thought his mother was sufficiently distracted, he got up awkwardly and moved over to where his mate slept. He opened the sleeping bag, crawled in, and then embraced his lover from behind. Hiei instantly turned over and cuddled into the fox as best he could, murmuring his mate’s name.

“I think he missed you.”

Kurama looked to the source of the voice and found his mother smiling and watching them. He almost blushed, but held it back. They usually tried not to cuddle in front of her, even though she was perfectly fine with their relationship. “He always does, or so he says and I believe him, though it isn’t often that we don’t sleep together.”

“That’s good to know. It means that if you two have an argument, it gets over with quickly so no one has to sleep on the couch.”

“Neither one of us has ever slept on the couch or any of the guests rooms when we’re not getting along. Even if we are mad at each other we cuddle up together in the same bed. We just can’t stand to be apart.” While he was talking, Kurama’s hands had been busy rubbing his mate’s lower back. He could feel the spasms knotting up the muscles in Hiei’s back. “We’ll come across a fairly good size stream today so we can freshen up.”

“That sounds almost heavenly.” Shiori smiled, continuing to cook breakfast. She noticed that her son hadn’t run out of the cave yet with morning sickness. She hoped that it was finally starting to ease up.

Kurama was about to reply when he made a very surprised sound and quickly looked down to his lover. His eyes widened and he blushed bright red even as he yanked the sleeping bag over them. He was totally embarrassed. The fox snuck a glance at his mother and was thankful that she had quickly found something to keep her busy. Shiori had her back to them, digging through duffle bags.

Kurama was not fooled though. He knew that she was embarrassed by what she had seen and who wouldn’t be. Hiei was starting to wake up and he was trying to do what he recently got in the habit of doing when he awoke. He had pushed up the fox’s shirt and was licking all over the lean, sensitive chest with only one destination in mind. He would not stop either, no matter how much the redhead tried to detour him.

Kurama sighed, giving up the small battle. His mother was pointedly keeping her attention on other things, the boys were still sleeping, and they were discreetly covered. He would let his mate have his way. The fox pulled the sleeping bag up to his chin, completely covering up Hiei. He then put both hands on the side of the fire demon’s head and guided the eager mouth over to one of his nipples. He wrapped his arms around his mate and pulled him closer when he felt the sucking sensation start and heard a happy sigh. Hiei wasn’t getting any milk yet, but he was content to just dry suckle.

Shiori knew exactly what was going on, but she didn’t say anything. It wasn’t her place to pass judgment and it wasn’t her business. Her son and Hiei were grown, they could do anything that they wanted. She did notice that her son had completely wiggled his way into the sleeping bag, only a little bit of his red hair was visible. To this she was thankful, Toushi and Kaihei was starting to wake up. She had promised not to interfere with the boys, but she also knew that the demons didn’t want their sons to know about their little fetish.

Shiori hurriedly finished with breakfast and had plates ready. When the sleepy boys sat up, she called them over to the fire and handed them their food. Then she got a plate for herself and proceeded to keep her grandsons busy. They were nearly done eating when Hiei finally emerged from the sleeping bag. He slowly got up and stretched his stiff muscles before going over to the fire and sitting down. He took the plate that was handed to him and thanked the woman for cooking. After only a few more minutes, Kurama came out of the sleeping bag and took a seat by his mate. He smiled and thanked his mother as he took the plate of food she held out to him. The demons quickly ate their fill. When everyone was done everything was cleaned up and then packed up.

The demon family and ningen woman started out on the long journey once more. They did stop at a small stream about midday and got cleaned up. After that they started out towards the portal yet again. They all traveled for three more days and didn’t encounter anymore problems. With a sigh of relief from the whole group, they finally reached the site of the portal.

Kurama pulled out his communicator and flipped it open. He pushed the only yellow button and waited. It wasn’t very long before the screen came on.

“Kurama! It’s good to see you again.” Koenma greeted the redhead warmly. “Are you all ready to go back to Ningenkai?”

“Yes.” Kurama had a big smile on his face. “Could you open up a portal for us?”

“No problem, I’ll send Botan right over. “ A smirk actually graced Koenma’s lips. “But I need you all to come by the Reikai to see me a few minutes before you go home. I have to talk to you two.”

“Whatever.” Hiei answered gruffly. All he wanted to do was go home and lay down for a nap in his soft bed.

“Great, I’ll see you in a few minutes.” Koenma hung up on his end, not giving the demons time to reply.

It was only a couple of minutes until a portal opened and Botan came flying out on her oar. She was all smiles, her usual happy self. “I’m so glad that you all are back! Everyone has missed you, even Kuwabara!”

“That’s good to know.” Kurama just had to smile too.

“How are you doing, Hiei?” Botan asked, turning fully to the short demon.

“Fine.” Hiei answered her with a one word grunt that clearly said that he wanted to be left alone, but she was not detoured from her next question.

“So, you’re two months along in your pregnancy now?”

Kurama answered, before the fire demon became outright rude. He had picked up on his mate‘s dour mood. “Yes, he is and showing quite a lot…….I think we should get moving so we don’t draw unwanted attention to us by staying in one place to long. We are heading to the Reikai first, right?”

“Yes, that’s right. Koenma asked me to bring you two him right away. He won’t tell me what about though.” Botan flew over to the ningen woman and floated down closer to the ground. “Get on Shiori, Koenma told me not to let Kurama carry you, but again wouldn‘t tell me why.”

“Well, I have to agree with Koenma, but I won’t tell you why either. Sorry, it’s not my place. I have a feeling that you will find out soon enough.” Shiori sat down on the back of the oar and held on tightly.

Strangely enough, Kurama didn’t protest. Even though he knew how crazy the ferry girl drove that piece of wood. He just walked over and took hold of Toushi‘s hand. When he noticed that Hiei took hold of Kaihei’s hand, he looked back at Botan. “Let’s go.”

“Alright.” Botan whipped up into the air, making Shiori squeal in delight. She nodded at the demon family before shooting off into the portal with them quickly fallowing her. She was so intent on her flying that she failed to notice how much slower Hiei and Kurama were moving. They arrived in the Reikai only a couple of minutes later. It took a few moments for the pregnant demons to catch their breaths before Botan escorted only them into Koenma’s office. Shiori, Kaihei, and Toushi were taken down the hall to a waiting area by an ogre.

As soon as Botan left the room and the door was closed behind her, Koenma got right to the point. A smirk was plastered on his face. “I want to be the first to say congratulations to you, Kurama.”

“For what?” The fox feigned ignorance. Hiei stepped closer to his mate in a protective way, but he didn’t say anything.

Koenma’s smirk broke into a smile. “I know that you’re pregnant.”

Kurama decided on a different approach. “How do you know that?”

“As members of my Reikai Tentei I have all papers pertaining to you four flagged to cross my desk no matter what they relate too.” Koenma quickly explained, sounding a little smug. “Even if it concerns one of you fathering a child. Don’t you two look at me like that, I’m not invading your privacy. I have to keep track of any children you team members have, especially if they have demon blood. There is no doubt that the children will be strong and they are going to be the next Reikai Tentei. Anyway, this is how I received papers on my desk that Hiei was going to be a father, but that didn’t make sense because he was already pregnant and I had already received those papers. So I did a little research and found out where the mix up was. Now don’t get mad on how I’m going to word this.”

The demons slowly nodded in agreement. They didn’t trust their voices, they were still a little upset. It seemed like they were being spied on, though they did understand Koenma’s side of the situation.

When Koenma was satisfied he continued. “I found out that in Reikai papers Hiei is labeled as the mother because he is having the babies, though he is male, and Kurama is labeled as the father of his babies. But I still was confused because I had papers in front of me that said Hiei was going to be a father. So I looked into it further, believing that it was some kind of mistake. I knew for a fact that Hiei would not cheat on his mate no matter what. Jorge is actually the one to find the answer and he brought it straight to me. He found papers that was going to be destroyed because it was believed that they were mistakes too, though I should have been informed of these papers before that assumption was made. The papers pertained to Kurama. They said that he was pregnant and that Hiei was the father. Now I was stumped yet again. How was this possible? I personally went to the Reikai file room and searched for Kurama’s original file. I found it of course and there the answer was on a new white paper that had been recently added to the file; another paper that I hadn‘t seen. Kurama was now a Forbidden One and it only happened after he was brought back to life. I could only think of one explanation for this, the second wish on the dragon balls that turned Kurama back into a full demon.”

“That’s what we figured too, the second wish and the way it was worded.” Hiei added his thoughts on the matter. “And yes, you are correct and so are those papers. Kurama is pregnant.”

A frown crossed Koenma’s face. “At least partially.” He saw both demons wince with the way he worded that, but it was accurate. He went on to explain, keeping his wording a generic as possible. He had a secret to keep after all. Kurama didn’t need to go off the deep end again and do something else stupid. The demons would find out soon enough anyway. “I know what happened when you two found out, what Kurama did. I’m sorry, you were pregnant with more then one, Kurama, but I had no choice. I had to sign the first set of papers, the baby was to far gone. Luckily before I could move on to the second set, the whole stack disappeared. It meant only one thing, that your body had stopped the aborting process. I did a search for the missing papers and found them back were they belong, in the file room for soon to be born babies.”

“Then the second baby is completely healthy?” Kurama asked hesitantly. This was something that had been worrying him. He had been hoping that the second baby wouldn’t be deformed or have something wrong with it mentally.

“I shouldn’t answer that because it‘s against my father‘s laws to reveal that kind of information to potential parents, rather they are friends or not.” Koenma crossed his arms on his desk and leaned forward a little. “But I will answer you because you are my friends and employees. I also know what you two have been through because of the partial abortion and this would help ease your worries.” He took a deep breath and smiled. “The second baby is just fine, perfectly healthy in every way.”

It was so unlike him, but Kurama was about ready to cry. A tremendous weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He felt his mate’s smaller hand slip into his even as he stared a Koenma with tears sparkling in his eyes. “Thank you.”

“Not a problem.” Koenma offered them a smile. “Just so you two know, no one else knows about Kurama’s pregnancy, just Jorge and I; and I even swore him to secrecy. I’m keeping the pregnancy papers right here in my desk. My father isn’t going to be happy about having another Forbidden One in the three worlds for him to worry about. You know that he dislikes Forbidden Ones and that he considers them abominations. He knows how strong you two’s children could turn out to be. He already worries about Kaihei because the child is so unbelievably strong and a Forbidden One. He knows that if Kaihei takes a strong male mate they could produce an even stronger demon. Possibly, the strongest demon ever to live and my father doesn‘t want that. He doesn‘t want to chance it, that there wouldn‘t be anyone to stop this demon. Oh well, that’s a lot of ifs, let’s forget about that for now. Just make sure that Kaihei doesn’t do anything to draw my father’s attention to him. The last thing any of us need is a war because he decided that Kaihei was growing to powerful and needed to be taken out. I have no doubt what you two would do if that were to happen. And the sad part is you would have Kuwabara and Yusuke on your side. My father may be extremely powerful, but he could not win even if survived against Kaihei. He doesn‘t realize just how powerful the Reikai Tentei has become over the years or how strong that seven year old boy already is.”

Here Koenma let out a sigh because he was about to break another law. “I may get in trouble, but I’m going to keep the fact that you are forbidden, Kurama, from him as long as I can. He has promised me that he’ll be stepping down in about twenty years and that he will be giving me the crown over Reikai. After that, you two and any children of yours that turn out forbidden will be completely safe. I don’t have the same ethics and fears as my father has. I know that the both of you wouldn’t let any of your children turn out evil, maybe in the past, but not now. I don’t mean to pry, but I must know. Are you two going to be having any more children after these pregnancies? I’m only asking so I could be looking for the possible papers. That way my father won’t find out about them.”

“We’ve talked about that and decided that we won’t be having anymore babies for a very long time.” Kurama answered first.

“At least not for a hundred years.” Hiei quickly added. “We are going to have our hands full as it is, three babies and the two boys.”

“Yes, your hands are going to be very full.” The knowing smile on Koenma’s face made Hiei uneasy, like he had missed something that should be obvious.

Before he could say anything, Kurama spoke again and there was a lot of sadness in his voice. “I know that you don’t have to tell me, but I would like to know. What was the baby I aborted?”

“I don’t believe you should know. It could only make matters worse.” Koenma really didn’t want to tell his friends this news.

“Go ahead, tell him.” Hiei spoke up, sounding very determined. “He will not heal or grieve properly until he knows the answer to that question. It has been bothering him from the start.”

“Alright, I’ll tell you.” Koenma looked very grim as he stared at the demons in front of him. “The baby that was aborted was what you were wanting. It was a girl.”

“A girl…..” Kurama should have known he couldn’t take in this information without a collapse, but he hadn’t realized that. He found himself on his knees on the floor with his hands over his face, crying uncontrollably.

Koenma quickly understood the situation that he was in and that there was only one way to handle it. He got up from his chair, nodded at the fire demon, and then left the room. Hiei silently thanked the junior god for understanding. He finally turned to his mate and wrapped him in his arms. He was giving the fox the comfort that was needed. Kurama put his arms around the fire demon’s waist and hung on for dear life while he tried to get control of himself. Many minutes passed with whispered reassuring words before that finally happened. When Kurama was able to think straight again, they came up with a fitting name for their lost daughter so she could rest in peace. It was a name that they would only ever know, meant only for their ears and knowledge, so that they could fully grieve, heal, and move on.

When they were sure that they could face the others, the demons emerged from Koenma’s office and went down the hall to the waiting area. They found the junior god and ferry girl there with their family. After a round of goodbyes, Botan led them into another portal. When they reappeared it was in the living room of their house in Ningenkai. It was just how they had left it and the girls had kept it clean for them as promised.

Hiei walked over and sat down heavily on the soft couch. Kurama went over and sat down beside him, letting out a relieved sigh. Shiori sat down tiredly in a nearby chair. Toushi and Kaihei merrily looked at each other or so it seemed before they raced off up the stairs. Only Hiei and Kurama knew that the boys had had a very short mental conversation. They had realized only two days ago that Kaihei was using his jagon to talk to Toushi and vice versa. It only happened when the kits didn’t want anyone to know what they were talking about.

After figuring this out, Hiei had used his jagon on the boys while they slept, just to see how strong the mental connection was. To his surprise it was very strong and always open, even in sleep. In fact, he found out that they always shared dreams. It meant that the boys had been talking mentally for some time, that it wasn’t something new. Hiei and Kurama was annoyed with themselves that they had missed this apparent connection. So they had watched their sons for the last two days of the journey and found out the cues of when the boys were talking through their link.

There was only two cues too, a very brief glance or a very brief touch on the arm or back. Thinking back, Kurama and Hiei realized that this had been going on for a couple of years, much to their irritation. Toushi and Kaihei had a mental connection that was as strong as their parents’ mated one. Now that he knew what to look for, Hiei used his jagon eye to pry in on his sons’ mental conversations, just to make sure what was talked about was appropriate for their ages and so far it always was.

Kurama looked to his mate. “Hiei?”

It was only his name, but the fire demon understood the whole, hidden question. “It’s fine, they are going to play video games.”

Since Shiori knew that she could still ask any question, she asked it. “Alright you two, what did I miss?”

Kurama met his mother’s eyes and smiled. “Nothing much….Hiei and I realized a couple of days ago that the boys were having mental conversations.” He easily saw the woman’s next question on her face so he hurried to answer it. “And no, it isn’t a consequence of the ritual the boys went through. Toushi and Kaihei have been having these silent conversations for awhile now. Kaihei uses that Jagon eye of his on Toushi, just like Hiei does on me.”

“Oh.” Shiori opted to remain quiet.

Botan wanted to know what was going on, but she decided that it wasn’t her place. She decided on something else. “How was your trip? Did you claim lordship, Hiei?”

Though he was tired and irritable, Hiei answered the ferry girl. “The trip went very well, nothing usual really. Yes, I claimed lordship over Mukuro’s lands. I also claimed lordship over Yomi’s lands since his son relinquished his claim to the throne.”

“Technically, I was heir to the lands if Yomi’s son didn’t want it.” Kurama broke in, explaining as well. “But, I let Hiei make the claim because he did kill Yomi. I didn’t lose lordship though, because I am still a lord of the Makai….I ….”

“My fox rules equally at my side.” Hiei finished for his mate.

“So basically, you two now rule two-thirds of the Makai?” Botan seemed to ponder all the possibilities. “That is a lot of responsibility and hard work.”

“Yes, we do and yes, it is.” Kurama replied, trying to smile. It was going to be real rough until he and Hiei got things worked out to what they wanted. He shook his head slightly to clear it and caught Botan’s attention. “Now on to an even better subject. Can you bring Bulma by tomorrow so she can check out Hiei and the babies? It’s been so long since an exam and I won’t to se how big the babies has gotten.”

“I sure can!” Botan had a large smile on her face when she answered. “I know that you all are tired, especially Hiei so I’ll see you all tomorrow.” With that, she hoped on her oar and disappeared into a portal, it closing up right behind here.

“I think I need a nap.” Shiori announced suddenly, she didn’t wait for a reply. She got up and headed up the stairs to her room. Hiei and Kurama stretched out on the L shaped sectional sofa. They laid so their heads were nearly touching, that way the could hold hands. After such a long journey, it was only a matter of minutes before they were in a deep sleep. Through their nap, they shared a dream about the adventures they would have when the traveled back to the fortress with three tiny babies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well readers, this is the end of this chapter. I hoped you liked it. Please leave a small review before you move onto the next chapter. ^_^ Remember that the next chapter was posted along with this one so it’s up right now.